2015 Fire Scholars Eligibility Criteria and Guidlines
To be considered, individuals must complete the SDFRA Scholarship application and meet all of the following criteria:
1. Be the son or daughter of an SDFRA member (active, retired in good standing, or deceased).
2. Be a high school senior scheduled to graduate by June 30, 2015, OR be a student attending a college or university full time (at least 12 units).
3. Have a minimum OVERALL CUMULATIVE high school or college G.P.A of 3.0.
4. Not have received an award during the prior year.
5. Not have received two awards in any prior years.
6. For High school seniors, transcripts must indicate cumulative grade point average for all four years of high school. Seniors scheduled to graduate in June are exempt from providing grades for the current semester but must include the semester's "first quarter/semester"
7. For College students, transcript must indicate the cumulative grade point average for all the quarters/ semesters/years completed in college. If less than one term completed, submit your High School Transcript.
1. Completed applications must be recieved by April 30, 2015 by 5 p.m.
Application materials to:
San Diego Fireman’s Relief Association
10509 San Diego Mission Road, Suite F
San Diego, CA 92108
PLEASE NOTE: Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
2. All applicants will be notified of selection determination by e-mail. Ensure that you have provided current email addresses for both the SDFRA member and the applicant.
3. To be considered, you must request transcripts of all your high school and/or college credits and ensure these are received by SDFRA by the deadline. Unofficial copies are acceptable.
4. You must complete every section of the application packet. Blank or incomplete entries on your application materials will make the application ineligible for consideration.
5. Follow all instructions. If you are unsure or have any questions, contact our office 619-281-0354.